CVMinder GDPR Update
General Data Protection Regulation comes into force on 25th May 2018. All organisations are required to comply. This is an extract from a our GDPR Update briefing paper that we make available to our customers. The briefing paper should help you understand how CVMinder assists you in remaining GDPR compliant. Just ask CVMinder Support for a copy.
Before we start, GDPR is a small step change from previous Data Protection Regulation. It is a welcome change because it allows individuals to better control the dissemination of their personal information. That’s great for all of us, because we all want to prevent our personal information from being passed between organisations without our prior consent. We also want to prevent our information from being used for purposes we didn’t agree to.
The good news is that CVMinder collects and processes personal information solely for the purpose it was intended and not to support other interests.
Personal information includes name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses and other personally identifiable information.
Things we don’t do with personal information
CVMinder puts the individual in control of their own data. That means that we don’t:
- Share it with any organisation other than the organisations an individual selects
- Sell it to any third party such as a job boards, social media company, advertiser or any other.
- Use it for marketing campaigns to promote add-on or third party services.
In fact, CVMinder is and has always been very cleanly when it comes to managing personal information.
Things we do with personal information
We do precisely what an applicant would expect. Their expectation depends upon the organisation with which they either register or apply for a job. They can:
- Share information with the intended employer for the purpose of supporting a job application and / or
- Share information with the intended employer for the purpose of matching against future vacancies
They can also:
- Share information with the intended Training Provider so that the Training Provider may share it with the intended employer for the purpose of supporting a job application.
- Share information with the intended Training Provider for the purpose of matching against future vacancies.
- Share information with the intended Training Provider for the purpose of seeking employability support.
In each case, the intended recipient(s) is clear and only the intended recipient(s) receive the Personal Information. CVMinder does not share an individual’s personal information with other employers or Training Providers unless the individual chooses to register with those organisations.
For details concerning the lawful basis for consent, security, who the data controller is and other topics, request a copy of the full briefing paper. Just contact us for more information.