CVMinder is owned and operated by XperiSoft Limited and is made available to you, the jobseeker or learner, on the following terms and conditions. Our Service includes CVMinder and its associated website, including any information or guidance that may be published therein. By using the Service you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions.
The terms ‘XperiSoft’, ‘XperiSoft Limited’ and ‘we’ are interchangeable in these Terms.
We make all reasonable efforts to comply with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Additionally, we understand the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information and other information stored about you while using the site.
Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- General identification and contact information including your name, address, email, IP address, telephone details, gender, marital status, family status, date and place of birth, student or employer ID and physical attributes including photos.
- Other sensitive information including trade union membership, religious beliefs, political opinions, racial or ethical origin and criminal record declarations.
- Information enabling us to provide or limit the use of the Service including date of birth, location, post code and driving licence information that may assist with job matching.
- Future marketing preferences including whether you would like to enter a contest or prize draw or respond to a voluntary customer satisfaction survey.
- Information related to professional history including educational background, employment history, skills & experience and professional memberships or affiliations.
In using the Service you can expect the following:
- Your personal information is only available to XperiSoft Limited and the individual employers, training providers or agents with which you register or commence a job application.
- Your information is not used for any purpose other than for the support of your work interests and career support interests with the individual employers, agents or training providers with which you have registered or commenced a job application.
- Your personal information remains accessible by you and may be modified by you, subject to any application-related time-outs for such modifications.
- Your personal information is not shared with other parties.
- You retain control over whether you receive vacancy alerts from employers you are registered with.
- You retain control over whether you receive vacancy alerts from employers using the Service that you are not yet registered with.
- Employers, training providers or agents with which you are registered may contact you via email, text or telephone with updates regarding your application progress, plus details concerning alternative vacancies, employability measures and general employment related information.
- Your personal information is stored on identifiable servers which are located in the EU.
- Access to your personal information is secured by industry strength SSL encryption.
- Appropriate measures have been taken to deny unpermitted access and minimise disruption that may otherwise be caused by malicious server attacks. However, you also acknowledge that the Service is in the public domain and ongoing attempts by unauthorised individuals or bodies to access Service data cannot in themselves be prevented.
- Your account may be closed at any time. However, some of your personal information may still remain available to any employer, agent or training provider with which you are registered or have commenced a job application. Such information will be subject to a Data Protection policy that is independently managed by such organisation. You understand that this information is used for the purpose of supporting and auditing fair recruitment practices. Closing your account may render your details unavailable to such organisations in general searches, prevent your receipt of further job alerts and erase some of your personal information such as Date of Birth, address, email address and postal address.
Legal basis for collecting information
On some occasions, XperiSoft Limited processes your data with your consent. For example, we rely upon consent when we send job alerts or if you link your CVMinder account to your Social Network account. You may withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
The processing is necessary to fulfil a contract
XperiSoft Limited may process your data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you, such as to share your personal information with an employer or recruiter for a specific job application.
XperiSoft Limited may be required to process your data as part of a legal obligation. Some CVMinder customers, such as those operating within Social Care, Education and charitable sectors, have a duty of care to young people and vulnerable adults. In such cases, safeguarding is a legal obligation. Sufficient data must be collected and processed such that the employer with which you have registered or applied for a vacancy can make a safe judgement regarding your suitability.
XperiSoft Limited also processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Our legitimate interests include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the security and integrity of our Services and in ensuring that our Websites and any Apps operate effectively.
- Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers.
- Protecting our customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare.
- Working with and supporting our customers.
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes.
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
XperiSoft Limited may also process your data to comply with legal and regulatory obligations e.g. preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies.
Use of the Service
The Service is provided to support you in applying for jobs, registering your interest in future jobs and receiving employability support. Licensed employers, agents or training providers may access CVMinder to process and manage job applications, including profiling applicants and providing career guidance or support.
You may use, print and download information from the Service to support your activities as a jobseeker or as a student of a training provider. You may not use such information for any other personal or commercial purpose. You may not copy, display, transmit or distribute any material from this Service unless you are the author of such material.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the Service belong to XperiSoft Limited or its third party suppliers. Use of the Service does not give you any proprietary rights in such materials.
Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003
As a jobseeker or other user, you understand that CVMinder operates as a venue only and does not introduce or supply jobseekers to recruiters (or vice versa). This means that XperiSoft Limited DOES NOT:
- Guarantee to obtain sufficient information for employers, training providers or agents to select a suitable jobseeker for the position which that party seeks to fill.
- Obtain confirmation of the identity of a jobseeker or that they have the experience, training, qualifications or authorisation to work in the position to be filled or that they wish to undertake the role to be filled.
- Take any steps to ensure the jobseeker and recruiter are each aware of any requirement imposed by law or otherwise which must be satisfied by either of them to permit the jobseeker to fulfil the position to be filled.
- Take any steps to ensure that it would not be detrimental to the interests of the jobseeker or the recruiter for the jobseeker to fulfil the position to be fulfilled.
- Give any indication to recruiters whether jobseekers are unsuitable (or suitable) for any position to be filled in any circumstances.
- Propose jobseekers to recruiters or provide any information about them.
- Take up any references in relation to a jobseeker.
- Make any arrangements for accommodation of jobseekers.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 (the “Regulations”) seek to ensure that jobseekers are only proposed by employment agencies for roles for which they are properly qualified and that recruiters are only offered jobseekers that have the appropriate levels of experience, training, qualifications and authorisation for the position to be filled.
Since CVMinder is only a venue and it does not propose or introduce jobseekers to recruiters or vice versa, it is recommended that jobseekers undertake the steps set out in the Regulations to ensure suitability for the role advertised.
These could include:
- Checking the identity of the employer, agent or training provider and the nature of its business.
- Checking the commencement date and duration of the position to be filled. These checks might include type of work, location, hours and risks to health and safety.
- Checking the experience, training, qualifications and authorisation which are considered necessary or are required by law or otherwise to undertake the position.
- Checking whether any expenses are payable by you as a jobseeker.
- Checking whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise that you must satisfy before taking up a position.
CVs and job advertisements
CVs and job advertisements contained on the site are provided by jobseekers, prospective employers, training providers or agents and are not reviewed by XperiSoft Limited. We accept neither responsibility nor liability for the content of CVs or advertisements and expect candidates and prospective employers to carry out such verification procedures as is customary and prudent.
Services and information provided by the Service are intended to assist in the job seeking, careers support or recruitment process. We do not guarantee suitability or the prospect of success in any case. You should obtain independent verification before relying upon such information in circumstances which, if incorrect, could result in loss or damage.
We try to ensure continuous availability of the Service, but accept no responsibility for the consequences of interruptions or delays, however caused. We may, additionally, alter the design and specification of the Service at any time.
Limitation of liability
Our liability, and the liability of any of our third party suppliers, for any loss or damage suffered by you, the jobseeker, as the result of your use of the Service is limited to the total of any fees that you may have paid for using the Service. Except in the case of fraud, we are not liable for any loss of future earnings, profit or prospects or any consequential, inconsequential or speculative loss. As required by law, we do not exclude death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with English law and all disputes shall be decided by the English courts.
If you choose to create an account and upload your Personal Information to our Service, we rely upon you to ensure that your details are accurate. You should update your personal information at least every six months, particularly if your contact details have changed. Please note that XperiSoft Limited reserves the right to remove you from the Service and you should not include content that is offensive or illegal. XperiSoft Limited is the sole arbiter in any decision concerning whether content is offensive.
The Service supports the current and most recent versions of all popular browsers and follows the W3C DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional and CSS 2.1 standards. If your browser is not supported, you may still be able to access our site, but you may encounter some display problems.
Cookies are used to support only the following:
- User Security, by recognising your CVMinder ‘sign in’ status as you navigate to each CVMinder page.
- User Convenience, by temporarily storing typed data so that it can be presented again upon page refresh without retyping.
- All CVMinder Cookies are deleted upon exit from your Web Browser.
- No information is retained by the Service for use outside of the scope of CVMinder.
- No third party Cookies are written to or stored on the user’s machine for any purpose other than for supporting functions of the Service.
XperiSoft may use aggregate data to identify employment trends across different industries, such as salary averages. We also aggregate information about site visitors and users (such as the number of users, or the number of visitors to the site).
This information is not capable of being linked to any personally identifying information, as we may provide it to customers, suppliers and other reputable third parties.