Closing your CVMinder account couldn’t be easier. Just send us an email request to email@example.com using the email address you used to open your CVMinder account.
Explanation: If you opened your CVMinder account with an email address firstname.lastname@example.org, then please send us the request from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don’t have access to the email account you used to open your CVMinder account, please contact us on 01634 202 101. We’ll ask some security questions before closing your account for you.
Is it necessary to close your CVMinder Account?
CVMinder allows only the employers you register with to access your personal details. Your personal details are not shared with third parties, other employers or agents. CVMinder is a closed system and puts you in control of your data.
You may only open one CVMinder account so that your full application history in one place. It is advisable to maintain your CVMinder account because:
- You may wish to apply for another vacancy with an employer that uses CVMinder at some future time.
- Keeping your CV, introductory statement and other details available and up to date will help to apply for jobs more quickly next time.
- CVMinder is a useful place to securely store your CV for future use anywhere. Just sign in and download a copy.
- In future we will be releasing new tools to help you optimise your CV for job applications.
What happens to my data if I close my CVMinder Account?
When you open a CVMinder account, you agree to share your details with an employer so that you may be formally considered for a vacancy. Your details are used in shortlisting processes that may require additional audit and oversight from regulatory bodies. The employer may be required to demonstrate that it has performed in line with its procedures for reasons of equal opportunities, safeguarding and proper skills comparison. Your details may also be subject to Data Protection policies that are set individually by any employer using CVMinder. Those details which are deleted, include:
- Telephone numbers
- Email addresses
- Current personal statement
- Statement related to driving license
- Date of Birth
- NI Number
Other information that you have presented to an employer, including any additional application forms, may be kept for a period determined as reasonable by an employer to properly conduct, scrutinise and audit its recruitment process.