Work Experience Placement in IT and Facilities
Demelza provides specialist care and emotional support for children and young people with terminal conditions and their loved ones, across Kent, East Sussex and South East London.
We help with every element of life for a child or young person with a terminal condition by providing tailored care. From diagnosis through to end of life and bereavement services, we're there for that journey.
Our Work experience window is open between 3rd June 2019 and 5th July 2019. Placements will be for one week, Monday to Thursday 9.30am to 3.30pm
We are looking for individuals who would like to gain experience in a hands-on maintenance and IT role. Duties will include:
· Answering and making telephone calls
· Service desk support including logging support tickers and providing feedback
· Database work including data and record updates
· Hardware checks and maintenance
· Updating of games consoles and software
· Assisting maintenance engineers to complete planned maintenance works which could include electrical, plumbing and carpentry works
· Assisting in ensuring buildings, equipment and machines are in good working order
· Helping to diagnose and repair faults
· Problem solving
· Service desk support
The placement will be based at the Kent Hospice, Bobbing, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME9 8DZ.
It is your responsibility to arrange transportation to and from the placement.
Closing Date 30th April 2019
Interview Date - TBC
Registered Charity No 1039651. Demelza is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To see how we process your data, please visit our website and view our Recruitment Privacy Notice.