Work Experience Placement at The Retail Warehouse
Demelza provides specialist care and emotional support for children and young people with terminal conditions and their loved ones, across Kent, East Sussex and South East London.
We help with every element of life for a child or young person with a terminal condition by providing tailored care. From diagnosis through to end of life and bereavement services, we're there for that journey.
Our retail charity shops form a huge part of our income generation efforts, helping to fund the work of Demelza House Childrens Hospice.
Our Work experience window is open between 3rd June 2019 and 5th July 2019. Placements will be for one week, Monday Friday 9.30am 3.30pm
We are looking for individuals who would like to gain experience in a retail environment and would like to pursue a career in retail management. Applicants for this role must be 18 years of age or older.
Duties can include:
· time spent in a retail shop
· time in the warehouse processing stock
· assisting in the warehouse administration office
· time spent with the e-commerce function
· You will work with a diverse team of staff & volunteers committed to raising funds & minimising costs whilst having fun! We work closely with our teams to maximise individuals skills & abilities.
· You will gain valuable work related skills to enhance your future CV.
The placement will be based at the Demelza Warehouse, 98 Sandling Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 2RH.
It is your responsibility to arrange transportation to and from the placement.
Closing Date 29th June 2019
Interview Date - TBC
Registered Charity No 1039651. Demelza is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To see how we process your data, please visit our website and view our Recruitment Privacy Notice.