Work Experience Placement for Canterbury Shop
Demelza provides specialist care and emotional support for children and young people with terminal conditions and their loved ones, across Kent, East Sussex and South East London.
We help with every element of life for a child or young person with a terminal condition by providing tailored care. From diagnosis through to end of life and bereavement services, we're there for that journey.
Our retail charity shops form a huge part of our income generation efforts, helping to fund the work of Demelza Hospice Care for Children.
Work experience in our retail distribution centre or shops can be undertaken at any time of the year and is normally for a duration of one week but other timescales may be considered.
We are looking for individuals who would like experience of working in a busy hands-on retail environment. Tasks can include:
· Processing donated goods
· Carrying out stock rotation and restocking of shop
· Pricing and ticketing of donated goods
· Display of items both in the shop and shop window
· Serving customers both in person and on the telephone
· Use of the till to take payments and manage stock
· Moving and handling of stock
· You will work with a diverse team of staff & volunteers committed to raising funds & minimising costs whilst having fun! We work closely with our teams to maximise individuals skills & abilities.
· You will gain valuable work related skills to enhance your future CV.
Some roles may have age restrictions due to the nature of the role.
The placement will be based at the Canterbury Shop,18a and 18b Burgate, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 2HG.
It is your responsibility to arrange transportation to and from the placement.
Interview Date - TBC
Registered Charity No 1039651. Demelza is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To see how we process your data, please visit our website and view our Recruitment Privacy Notice.