£8,520.17 (£8.17 per hour)
Working Week / Hours:
Abilities Development Limited offers a range of services (day opportunities, residential, respite, weekend and holiday clubs) to children, young people and young adults with moderate, severe and profound learning disabilities and difficulties as well as those with complex needs.
We are currently recruiting a Passenger Assistant to provide support to our clients on the way to and from the Service.
Reporting directly to the Manager/Senior, you will deliver unparalleled levels of service to clients ranging from 18 years old to middle age. Each of our clients has challenging needs and helping them is one of the most rewarding career choices one can make.
Abilities Development Ltd is a private organisation founded in 2011 by a former qualified special needs teacher. The company has grown from strength to strength and offers specialised services to individuals with learning disabilities. One of objectives is to provide solutions to young people with disabilities so that they can access opportunities and enhance their lifestyle within the home, during school and beyond school.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
1. To provide a safe, efficient and effective transportation service to clients; taking them to and from their homes, to the Centre and any other locations as instructed.
2. Practice a good level of awareness of safeguarding issues maintaining confidentiality and data protection, assessing and recording risks and reporting all concerns.
3. Attend and participate in regular meetings and participate in training and other learning/social activities offered by the Company and county/borough in order to retain and improve upon existing skills.
4. Provide a high standard of customer service at all times, ensuring all clients are treated with dignity, courtesy and respect.
5. Be an ambassador for the Company, behaving in a courteous and professional manner to clients, their families, carers and colleagues in line with the Employee Code of Conduct.
6. Maintain the confidentiality of information regarding the clients, their parents and carers.
7. Develop good and effective internal and external working relationships with all the relevant stakeholders.
8. To carry out all duties with regard to the provisions of health and safety legislation, Data protection legislation and the Company's Equal Opportunities and Customer Care Policies.
9. Checking timetables for pick-ups and drop offs
10. Helping people to and from the vehicle
11. Securing passengers, wheelchairs and baggage
12. Contacting the office, families etc. to update on journeys or raise any issues etc accordingly
13. Ensure mobile phone is always taken on journeys and is fully charged at all times
14. Dealing with emergencies
15. Supervising passengers at all times
16. Keeping the mini-bus tidy
17. Updating paperwork
18. You'll need patience and an understanding of disability needs.
We are regulated by the Local Authority and are responsible for safeguarding all of our clients. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and all applicants must proceed via a rigorous and fair recruitment process.